top of page

Separation & Divorce

Separating from your spouse is always challenging, and R&R Legal Group can help you through this stressful time. If you are looking to obtain a Separation Agreement with your spouse, prepare a Divorce Application, or proceed to Court, she will provide you with the information you need to know your rights and obligations throughout the process. 

Image by Hutomo Abrianto

If you are currently considering a separation or have already made the decision to separate, we can help you make a plan to move forward. You likely have many questions and she can help you answer those questions and determine the best way to come to a resolution. In your detailed initial legal consultation, you will thoroughly review all aspects of your situation with R&R Legal Group and we will set you on a course to conclude your matter as quickly as possible. 

  • My spouse has been ordered to pay child support, but is not paying, what can I do?"
    If you have a child support order or agreement, you can register it with the Maintenance Enforcement, which can collect child support directly from your spouse. If your spouse continues to refuse to pay, the Maintenance Enforcement Office can suspend their driver’s licence or passport and garnish their wages. If you would like to register with Maintenance Enforcement, you can do so here.
  • My spouse has remarried, do I still pay child support for my children in their care?"
    Very likely. Child support can be paid by more than two parents in the cases where a third adult has stood in the place of a parent to a child. That relationship may create a requirement for support to be paid. In the end, the Court will apportion the amount of support to be paid by each parent depending on their incomes and other factors.
bottom of page